If you successfully register with our Website, you will be considered a “Registered User” of and will have a “User Account” for the Service. You agree that you will only provide true and accurate information on any registration or application forms, which is not false, misleading or otherwise an impersonation of any person or entity. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, you shall not allow any other individual or entity to access and/or use your User Account. Accordingly, you agree to protect your username and password by, among other things, keeping your username and password confidential. If, notwithstanding the foregoing obligation, you allow another party to use your username and/or password to access your User Account, you will be responsible for all use by the party using such account.
License to Use Website and Content
- Our Website may contain text, forms, questionnaires, software, images, photographs, graphics, audio, video, applications, user interfaces, visual interfaces, logos, designs, data, and other information (“Content”) which are derived in whole or in part from information and materials supplied by us and other sources, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and other applicable laws. Any unauthorized use of our intellectual property, including our marks, our copyrighted material, is strictly prohibited.
- Except as expressly permitted, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, hyperlink from, or distribute in any way Content from this Website, including code and software underlying this Website, nor may you sell, transfer, or otherwise use the Website in commerce or for any public or commercial endeavor without our prior and express written consent.
- When linking to our Website, you understand and agree that: you may not state or imply that Nephroed is endorsing you and/or any of the products or services that you or your organization provides; and you must clearly and truthfully communicate to the public that you are one of the persons or organizations permitted to link to our Website by stating your relationship with Nephroed.
- Without express written consent from the UHN Division of Nephrology (owner of Nephroed.com) you may not copy, reproduce, display, republish, download, post or otherwise use Nephroed.com Content on your website or on other webpages, or use the Nephroed logo as a link. The UHN Division of Nephrology and Nephroed.com assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any content of any third party websites, webpages or social media accounts that are linked to our Website or Content. If your link to the Website or Content results in the need for servicing or repair of equipment or data, you agree to assume any costs thereof. The UHN Division of Nephrology and Nephroed.com reserve the right to terminate any links to the Websites as is deemed necessary, with or without cause or warning. You shall remove your link to our Website or Content immediately if the UHN Division of Nephrology and Nephroed.com chooses to exercise its rights under the Terms.
Acceptable User Conduct
You agree that you will not (and will not permit any third party to), under any circumstances:
- use our Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose
- use our Website for any purpose that may be deemed by us to be threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, explicit or otherwise in violation of these Terms
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of our Website
- copy, modify, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to learn the source code, structure, or ideas upon which the Website is based
- use any Website or Content in any manner that misappropriates any trade secret or infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party
- impersonate any person or entity; collect or store personal data about other users without permission; or disclose private or proprietary information that you do not have the right to disclose
- solicit information from another user in furtherance of identity theft or another unlawful purpose
- frame or otherwise simulate the appearance or functions of the Website or any portion thereof
- modify, copy, sell, resell, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, redistribute, or create any derivative work of, any portion of our Website, including any Content included on our Website
- use any scraper, crawler, spider, robot or other automated means of any kind to access or copy data on our Website, deep-link to any feature or content on our Website, bypass, circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with our Website
- All material on this Website is reviewed by the editors who have consulted sources believed to be reliable in their efforts to provide information that is complete and in accord with the standards accepted at the time of posting. However, neither the UHN Division of Nephrology or the editors of Nephroed.com nor any other party involved in the preparation of this work, warrants that all the information contained herein is in every respect at all times accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such. The UHN Division of Nephrology and the editors of Nephroed.com are not liable, under any circumstances, for any losses or damages from the use of the Content of this Website.
- There may be times when our Website is unavailable due to technical errors or network outages or for maintenance and support activities. We do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that the Website will always be available or completely free of human or technological errors.
- Our Website and Content may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions and some information may not be complete or current. We expressly reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We do not make any representation or warranty concerning errors, omissions, delays, or defects in the Website or Content or any information supplied to you via the Website, or that files available through the Website are free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code that include or manifest contaminating or destructive characteristics.
- You must provide the equipment and Internet connections necessary to access the Website at your own expense. We do not guarantee that the Website will operate with your computer, tablet, mobile device, network, installed software, internet or mobile carrier service plans, or with any particular computer or other piece of hardware, software, equipment, or device you install on or use with your computer.
- You agree to release the UHN Division of Nephrology and editors of Nephroed.com and any other University Health Network parties from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from your use of the Website or Content. If at any time you are not satisfied with the Website or object to any Content or other material within or on the Website, your sole and exclusive remedy is to immediately stop using and otherwise accessing the Website.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the UHN Division of Nephrology and editors of Nephroed.com and any other University Health Network parties harmless from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, disbursements and court costs) arising from or in connection with: (i) the use or inability to use our Website or any Content; (ii) your breach or violation of these Terms or any other guidelines or agreements referenced in these Terms; (iii) any information you provide to NKF (including any information your provide to us as part of your registration, application, Feedback or User Materials); (iv) your link to, or inability to link to, the Website or Content; (iv) your violation of any rights of any third party, including privacy and intellectual property rights.
We may, from time to time and at our sole discretion, discontinue or alter all parts or any aspect of the Website, remove Content, or restrict the time the Website available. You acknowledge and agree that we may, under certain circumstances, immediately suspend and/or terminate your access to the Website or any part thereof, including, without limitation, for the following reasons: (a) your or another user’s breach or violation of these Terms or other agreements or guidelines referenced in these Terms; (b) our discontinuance or modification to the Website; (c) unexpected technical or security issues or problems; (d) extended periods of inactivity; and/or (e) engagement by you or another user in fraudulent or illegal activities. You further agree that any such actions may be taken without notice to you, in our sole discretion, and without liability to you or any third party.