Personal information we may collect:
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. The types of personal information that we may collect include, but is not limited to, your:
- phone number
- residential address
- email address
- IP address (including device/location)
- responses to program or course-specific registration questions
- personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an email to us, in a comments box on our Site or through your use of the Services)
Purposes for collecting your personal information:
The Nephroed website may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our Services
- to identify you in our system
- to manage our business and operations
- to respond to your questions that you send through the Site, by email or by phone
- to facilitate and process your use of our programs and courses
- to authenticate you when you sign in to your account
- if you have consented, to send you emails related to our programs and courses
- to grant you access to special features or areas of the Site
- to deliver and evaluate programs for which you are registered
- to track communications with you
- to track the location of IP addresses to analyze website usage and provide relevant content
- to improve the Site and help us develop new services, tools and features of the Site that meet your needs
- and as otherwise permitted or required by law
Limiting Collection of personal information:
Use, disclosure and retention of personal information:
- Your personal information will not be used without your consent for purposes other than those for which it was collected or in accordance with applicable laws.
- We retain your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal obligations.
Data processors in other countries:
To provide you with Services, we may use service providers, data processors and other third parties (collectively, “Third Parties”) to perform services on our behalf. These Third Parties may store, process and transfer personal information on servers located outside of Canada in jurisdictions whose data protection laws may differ from those of Canada, which may include the United States of America. As a result, personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Parties to maintain protections on personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
Links to other sites:
Cookies, web beacons, meta pixels and other similar technology:
As you interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technology and services that record and collect information that identifies your computer, tracks your use of the Site and collects certain other information about you and your surfing habits. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other similar devices on the Site to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer so that your computer will “remember” information when you visit a site. Web beacons and Tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and allow us to record activity on our Site. Internet Tags, graphic Tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on the Site to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize the Site and improve your experience at the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that we send to determine which email messages were opened.
You can reject or disable cookies and meta pixels by managing your browser settings or the Facebook app settings. However, please note that if you disable cookies and/or meta pixels, you may be unable to access some customized features on the Site.
To disable the use of meta pixels, log in to the Facebook site on your browser and go to “Ad Settings” under the “Settings” tab. If you are using the Facebook app on your mobile device, you can go to “Ad Settings” by clicking on the “Setting & Privacy” tab, then selecting “Settings”, “Ad”, and “Ad Preferences”.
To disable ad personalization on your Google browser, please visit https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en_GB
Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google, Inc. (“Google”), or comparable technology. Google uses “cookies”, which are text files stored on your computer, to analyze how you use our Site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Site (including your IP address) is sent to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our Site, compile reports on the Site’ activity for our Site operators and to provide other site activity related to internet services. Additionally, Google may transfer this information to a third party when required by law or to a third party processing information on Google’s behalf. You can set your internet browser to prohibit the installation of cookies, although we must point out that some features and functions of our Site will then be unusable. By using our Site, you consent to the processing of data about you collected by Google in the manner described and for the above-mentioned purpose. The consent for collection and storage of data can be withdrawn at any time in the future by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, the Nephroed website employs adequate technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal information you provide to us is exchanged on a secure server. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.